With a market capitalization of nearly $60 billion, Monster Energy attributes its brand success to strategically cultivating communities through sports marketing within key marketing segments. One notable segment is the Dakar Rally, a global event that captivates an audience of over one billion viewers over two weeks.
Sports marketing and community development hinge on amplifying the brand’s narrative during events. In today’s digital era, consumers seek experiences, information, and connections beyond just the products they buy. Amidst the increasing amount of daily global content, our goal of relevance, inspiration, and unified storytelling is crucial.
Joe Parsons from Monster Energy emphasizes that brands investing in online communities navigate evolving consumer behavior effectively, ensuring relevance and connectivity in the digital landscape.
- Fans globally actively seek content highlighting heroes and contributing to the Dakar Rally narrative.
- Monster Energy aims to align its brand with the premier team and the thrilling adventure of the Dakar Rally.
- The Blue C team scripted and filmed extensively in the United States and the Sahara Desert in North Africa.
- The overarching series “The Calling” includes targeted teaser, social media, and enthusiast/journalist content.
- Comprehensive extended version detailing the stories of six Monster Energy athletes, individual rider episodes, and daily podium stage updates for social media posting.
- Monster Energy content series achieved an impressive 1.8 million views through social sharing within eight days on YouTube.
- In contrast, Red Bull’s team launch content received only 277k views during the same timeframe.
Key Executions Included:
- Story concept development
- Filming across two continents
- Full suite of content edits
- Content distribution strategy and planning
- Activation across all digital channels
- Distribution of content to key influencers
- Localization and translation for various geographic regions
- Seeding content across key media channels, video distribution sites, and enthusiast sites.
- Daily social media posts and stories will continue to tell the successes of each rider’s stage podiums.